Safety is the new luxury.
In this pandemic world we live in, safety is everything. Here’s what we’re doing to keep you Covid-safe on our yoga retreats.
Many of you have contacted us wanting to join a yoga retreat but are hesitant to be in a group setting during a pandemic, and worried about the health and safety measures in place on retreat.
We hear you. And we’re here for you.
We’ve implemented Covid measures at all our yoga retreat destinations. We’ve also implemented flexible booking conditions offering a full refund if there’s another Covid wave at the yoga retreat location and we need to cancel the yoga retreat, or if your flights are canceled and you can’t join us.
We understand the uncertainty that these unprecedented times may be causing, and we are focused on supporting you however we can to offer you a safe and worry-free yoga holiday. We want you to feel absolutely comfortable traveling with us and we’ve been working hard with the hotels to create a safe and virus-free environment on all our yoga retreats.
What to expect upon arrival and during the yoga week:
- Small private groups – the number of participants per yoga retreat will be limited to maintain safety standards.
- We’ll practice yoga on a large outdoor yoga terrace with plenty of space in between yoga mats.
- Exclusive yoga classes – other hotel guests will not be allowed to join the yoga classes.
- Our yoga teachers will refrain from making hands-on adjustments unless you specifically request it.
- We’ll offer solo and small group outdoor activities: biking, private boat trips, hiking, swimming.
At the hotels:
- There will be strict Covid safety measures in place at the hotels, with cleanliness protocols, daily disinfection of hotel grounds and common areas.
- The hotel staff will wear masks and maintain social distancing.
- At some hotels there will be a digital concierge via WhatsApp for individual customer service and food/drink service to your rooms, beach, and pool areas.
- There will be more time in between the departure of the previous guests and check-in to your room.
- The hotels will carry out a complete disinfection of your room prior to check-in.
- The option of daily room cleaning or on request: you can decide how often you want your room cleaned during your stay.
- Room cleaning will always be done when you are out of your room.
- Hand sanitizers will be provided in common areas.
- There will be safe distance between sun loungers on the beach and by the pool.
- The hotels will have Stay Safe ambassadors on site to make sure Covid protocols are followed.
- Masks, gloves and gel will be provided by the hotel.
- Many hotels will have a new signage system to indicate safe social distancing, and one-way walking directions.
- We will have a separate breakfast table for our yoga group.
- There will be a mix of à-la-carte table service in addition to the buffet self-service for breakfast, to avoid overcrowding at the buffet.
- Safe distancing between breakfast tables.
- Safe distancing between tables at restaurants when we’re dining out in the evenings.
- Breakfast and dinner will be outdoors when available.
Local government protocols.
In addition to the measures above, we will need to respect the local government Covid protocols of the destination country. This may include wearing masks in shops, communal indoor spaces, in taxis and hotel transfers. We will provide additional updated information about these country-specific measures closer to the travel dates.
Our Cancelation Policy in a nutshell:
- If we cannot move forward with the yoga retreat as a result of Covid (or for any other reason) and we cancel your booking, you will get a full refund.
- If there is a travel ban from your country of origin to the yoga retreat destination and you cancel your booking for this reason, you will get a full refund.
- If all flights are canceled from your country of origin to the yoga retreat destination and there is no way for you to reach the yoga retreat destination, you will get a full refund.
Feel free to contact Laura directly if you have any questions about our cancelation and refund policies. We want you to feel absolutely comfortable traveling with us and we will be happy to answer any questions about our policies and your options.
Join us this year on a yoga adventure in Sicily Italy, Mykonos and Crete in Greece, Menorca in Spain, or Croatia – all at lovely 5* hotels on the beach. As well as one in Egypt on the Red Sea, in Lanzarote in the Canary Islands and one in Morocco.
All our dates and locations can be found on our website.
As always, happy travels!
If you found this post helpful, you may also like:
Yoga Escapes organizes luxury yoga retreats in beautiful places around the world, offering a mix of Vinyasa yoga and Yin yoga classes. Contact the Yoga Escapes team for information on upcoming yoga holidays.